The Chef will directly oversee all aspects of culinary programming & execution for the restaurant. This position will be directly responsible for the performance and ongoing oversight of all Kitchen Management personnel to ensure the highest quality of execution and professionalism, with specific focus on mentorship and training. This position is ideally suited for a candidate with strong communication skills and high attention to detail. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. The Chef will work closely with Ownership and Culinary Director to add menu items to existing food program, while understanding and honoring our food philosophy.
- Manage & mentor our team of Sous Chefs, ensuring the highest level of execution and professionalism, with specific focus on thoughtful instruction, attention to detail and quality
- Work collaboratively with Chef/Owner and Culinary Director to continue to evolve our food programming, quality/qualitative measures, efficiencies, etc.
- Work directly with our Farm & Farm Director to properly plan & execute produce schedules and menu planning up to 12 months out
- Oversee quality control: ingredients, finished products, and facilities
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipes while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste
- Maintain & ensure that all food prep & storage areas are clean and orderly and adhere to health and safety standards
Financial & Administrative -
- Participate in the collaborative oversight of the overall financial performance of our restaurant. The Executive Chef will be well-versed in financials from a restaurant level and aware of what practices and systems influence our financial successes
- Work closely with Director of Operations & General Manager to ensure inter-departmental efficiencies & communication are industry leading. It is imperative that the Executive Chef can communicate collaboratively and effectively with existing leadership to complement our management team.
- Work with Marketing & Communications as needed to promote food programming, ethos, special events & activations, etc.
- Work directly with Events Management & Events Sales team to ensure seamless and successful execution of on & offsite events
- Properly schedule, monitor & coordinate all kitchen staffing needs
- Proven success as an Executive Chef in a similar-size, single unit or multiple unit restaurant, or multiple outlet F&B operation
- Minimum 10 years restaurant experience; 5+ years management experience
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and cooking techniques/nutrition
- Ability & desire to lead; impact knowledge into junior kitchen staff, educate & work in a collaborative & creative environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to comfortably lead a team in a busy atmosphere
DOH food protection certified
- Competitive Salary
- 401K, match up to 6%
- Dining allowance
- Unlimited PTO
- Relocation allowance