The Executive Chef is accountable for establishing culinary brand standards by creating recipes and consistently looking to improve the menu. This individual will oversee all details related to the execution of the food and beverage experience. The Executive Chef is responsible
for producing quality food, managing finances for kitchen operations, leading back of the house staff, and working closely with restaurant management in overall food and beverage operations.
• Manage all food production and presentation while leading the culinary team to achieve exceptional standards and exceed guest experience expectations.
• Orchestrate the planning and operation of venue kitchen executable within main room, lounge and special events.
• Create and develop menus, standard recipes and presentations by leveraging industry experience and current culinary trends.
• Foster a strong, cohesive team environment where individuals are rewarded and recognized for outstanding performance.
• Customize menus for catering and banquet events and special guests-related requests.
• Uphold standards of culinary team in all aspects of the business to prepare them for future growth opportunities throughout the company.
• Responsible for attaining budgeted cost of goods, controllable expenses and culinary labor costs to meet and/or exceed financial goals/objectives of the venue.
• Maintain proper purchasing and inventory levels of all food, beverage and nonfood and beverage products based on fiscal business projections.
• Process all invoices accurately and timely, as well as conduct audits with accounting as required.
• Execute and participate in refining strategic sourcing plan resulting in maximum profitability through optimum purchasing, pricing and rebates.
• Confirm culinary team is appropriately trained on the maintenance, cleaning and operation of all kitchen and service equipment, ensuring that the highest levels of safety and sanitation are achieved.
• Ensure understanding of and compliance with all food and beverage federal, state, and local rules/regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Uphold standard operating procedures (SOPs), including strict control over loss prevention.
• Responsible for making sound decisions in General Manager’s absence.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Culinary preferred but not required
• 8+ years restaurant culinary experience required
• 4+ years in culinary management
• Special event and/or banquet/catering experience required
• Fine dining and casual dining experience required
• Experience opening a new restaurant is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office and familiarity with POS system functionality
• Financial background with proven ability to identify opportunities for revenue enhancement and fiscal management
• Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills with the ability to proactively recommend solutions
• Strong leadership and managerial skills that include the ability to coach, develop and communicate expectations
Licenses / Certifications:
• ServSafe certification required
• Valid drivers’ license with a satisfactory driving record required