We are seeking a very talented Executive Chef that enjoys cooking and creating modern interpretations of American Continental focused menu items, for a very established restaurant in Long Island. This restaurant is a huge staple in this wonderful town and is a huge undertaking as it seats 200 ppl i side and 70 outside during the season.
We look forward to your application!
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a previous Executive Chef role or management experience within a elevated, highly culinary focused kitchen setting is essential
- A degree from a recognized culinary institution is preferred
- Highly developed knowledge of various culinary styles and mastery of all line level cooking stations
- Detail orientated & motivated to be proactive in a fast-paced setting
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and leadership skills
- Food handling certificate
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (these are not all-inclusive)
- Responsible for a method of service, production, and cooking to ensure all items are prepared to meet deadlines and standards
- Setting SOPs and closing tasks for the CDC and other Sous Chefs to carry out.
- MENU DEVELOPMENT! This will be your menu.
- Taste and review products daily to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
- Lead with developing, implementing, and maintaining new recipes, presentations and products
- Have exceptional knowledge of inventory ordering systems
- Identify and communicate suggestions to ownership for policies and procedures to improve the operation
Behavior & Skills:
- Able to work independently
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to handle multiple tasks and works well in an environment with time constraints.
- Able to handle last-minute changes
Other Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand and work in continuously in confined spaces for long periods of time
- Possess Sufficient dexterity to use all kitchen equipment
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push, and pull heavy equipment for long periods of time (50lbs or more)
- Ability to perform all duties in extreme temperature ranges
Salary is based on experience: $125-$140K plus benefits.
Look forward to hearing from you!
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity"