Salary: $110000 – $140000
Rustic luxury hotel known for its welcoming, rustic upscale atmosphere, seeks an Executive Chef to take lead of its flagship restaurant, IRD, Banquet/Events, and pool operations. The ideal candidate brings their culinary and operations experience along with their heart and soul for hospitality and team building.
This person is driven to create meaningful experiences for our employees, guests, and community while simultaneously driving food and beverage sales to ensure the success and profitability of the hotel’s outlets.
Seeking someone who brings a spirit of fun, authenticity, collaboration, and genuine hospitality to their life and work.
We have poured our passion, energy, and excitement into crafting an extraordinary place and brand – and we know that the right Executive Chef will be as inspired and passionate about our vision. Our employees care for people, have a belief in the power of community, and bring the desire to create extraordinary experiences.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and assignments of the kitchen team, communicate goals, and assign/prioritize work.
- Communicate effectively and ensure all policies and procedures are known and followed by the team.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other team-related actions in accordance with company policies. Alert senior management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
- Collaborate with Corporate Concept Chef and Director of F&B to create new menus to drive business and food trends with a goal of increasing business/profitability and ensuring repeat business.
- Maintain updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
- Supervise the cleaning of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment including all dishes, flatware, and related equipment to meet all health and sanitation standards. Ensure that kitchen equipment is in proper working order; notify the maintenance department of any malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure the team is properly trained and has the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Participate in the preparation of the hotel’s revenue plan and annual budget.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors – to order supplies and equipment
- Health Department and other regulatory agencies – regarding safety matters and kitchen inspections
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- May serve as Manager on Duty or assist with other duties as assigned.
- Perform bi-weekly mock dept of agriculture walks with the team and director of F&B. Create an action plan around non-compliant issues and fix within 24 hours.
- Create a Stewarding Training program
- Create a Knife Skills Training program
- Fully responsible for all outlet ordering, planning, scheduling, menu selections in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Plan, prep, set up and provides quality service in all areas of food production to include, but not limited to hot menu items.
- Lead, train and monitor performance of kitchen team to establish and maintain effective employee relations in conducting formal and on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment and maintains and strictly abides by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Completes market lists in accordance with quality and quantity standards, checks perishable food items received for quantity and quality standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- Meet with Director of F&B / Director of Outlets / Chefs to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
- Prepare and assign production and prep work for culinary team to complete, review priorities.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.Identify situations, which compromise the department’s standards and delegate these tasks.
- Complete training plans for opening & closing duties:
- Set up workstation with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies.Ensure everything complies with the highest standards.
- Check production schedule and pars.
- Establish priority items for the day.
- Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and workstations; rectify and deficiencies. Maintain throughout shift.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Monitor performance of assigned team and ensure all procedures all completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Assist team wherever required ensuring optimum service to guests.
- Maintain production charts according to departmental standards.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up a more efficient process.
- Deliver weekly Avero food analysis to F&B Director
- Deliver weekly labor recap analysis to F&B Director
- Degree or certificate in culinary arts with 5+ years’ experience as an Executive Chef at a similar resort and hotel brand
- 5+ years of an incredible track record
- Proven track record as a strong leader
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit
- Valid health/food handler card by local or state government agency
- Effective and mindful communication skills – We want you to lead, motivate, and inspire your team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical Mind: Ability to build a budget and read and comprehend P&L statements
- Attentional to detail
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Bonus potential
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Workplace culture with heart + soul
- Wellbeing benefits for you and your family
- Paid time off
- EOE: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.