Salary: $150000 – $175000
Iconic Farm Estate & Winery in the heart of Sonoma wine country is seeking an ultra-talented, fine dining Executive Chef for their award wining restaurant. The EC will be leading the BOH team towards excellence in this intimate, fine dining setting with high standards and precise attention to detail. The Executive Chef will work closely with the GM and ownership to provide an unforgettable dining experience for our guests.
Must have fine dining experience, warm guest and staff relationships, strong business sense, excellent communication skills and precise, beautiful plating technique.
**High-level tasting menu experience preferred**
The Executive Chef has the overall responsibility for the day to day activities in the kitchen and for maintaining complete control of the kitchen at all times and to command the respect of the kitchen staff. The EC directly supervises kitchen staff with responsibility for hiring, inspiring, coaching, and performance management. They are responsible for maintaining food safety, sanitary and safety standards in the workplace. The EC will be dedicated to menu engineering and development, adhering to standards and cost controls. They will work hand-in-hand with the General Manager to focus on the vision of the restaurant while implementing strategies and innovative concept development.
• A passion for cooking fresh, seasonally driven cuisine while understanding the business aspect of the restaurant
• Ability to drive an innovative restructuring project with heavy concentration on elevated tasting menu offerings
• Driven to constantly improve processes, efficiencies and results with strong financial acumen, budgeting and strategic planning skills
• Strong work ethic, passion and dedication for amazing food, quality product and sustainable practices
• Stays cool under pressure, treats his or her team fairly and with respect
• Leadership – a great leader, coach and mentor that can teach and develop a crew to cook great food. Lead by example. Passionate about people and culture
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to delegate tasks with proper instructions with follow through and follow up
• A strong presence in the restaurant with great attention to detail in kitchen management and quality service
• Active participation in media events, press releases, interviews
• 2-3 years as an Executive Chef in a high standards environment
• 5 or more years of industry and culinary management experience including fine dining (Michelin experience or equivalent highly preferred)
• Food Safety Certification
• Food Handlers Certification
• Solid understanding of California wine and culture a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Full benefits & bonus structure
- Relocation assistance considered for the right candidate