Salary: $100000 – $110000
Innovative, Detroit based hospitality group is seeking Executive Chefs for Current and Upcoming Projects. They are always seeking individuals with creativity, passion, and the drive to be the best. They admire those who want a seat (and a voice) at the table; those who wish to be strong contributing members of our growing team. If you want a career with a progressive company and appreciate being part of a supportive and collaborative team, this group is looking for YOU. We are committed to our people with top notch pay & benefits, career long training and development as well as endless opportunities for growth…so what are you waiting for?
As a Chef here you will be responsible to collaborate with Culinary Leadership and Front of House Management to effectively lead and direct the daily operations of the back of house while consistently delivering an exceptional guest and team member experience through exquisite execution. You will work in partnership with your team to drive sales, manage costs and effectively grow the business.
- Must value and support our TEAM!
- Must be willing to learn AND teach.
- Must love to be in the know with all things culinary and beverage.
- Must want to contribute. We don’t play on the sidelines.
- Promote Heirloom’s culture of going above and beyond.
- Must understand the importance of consistency and care ALWAYS.
- Must value details, ownership of your kitchen and mise en place.
We look for people that possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities that are able to explain and demonstrate they can perform the essential functions of the job. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Has 3+ years of culinary management experience. High Volume & Fine Dining is a plus, but not required if you possess the right attitude.
- Strong local culinary experience and commitment – you understand the importance of connection within our communities and work to promote and foster it.
- Ability to assist with, hiring, training, scheduling and development to promote growth and retention.
- Ability to work under pressure – asserting initiative, maintaining a sense of urgency both while maintaining composure.
- Ability to connect; resolve conflict, drive engagement, and develop teams.
- Ability to lead and impact a culture of effective of day-to-day operations by leading your kitchen and providing the essential tools needed to execute a smooth service.
- Ability to monitor, address and document individual hourly employee performance through on-going feedback, positive recognition, formal performance reviews, coaching and, when necessary, disciplinary action up to and including employment termination.
- Desire to understand and impact financial goals and effectively adjust operations to meet those goals as needed.
- Ability to Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking. You are a collaborator on this team of growth. You must love what you do and constantly challenge yourself creatively.
- Desire to own and hold accountable all company core values and standards of health, safety, emergency management, sanitation & maintenance to deliver on the highest experience possible for our team and our guests.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently run BOH shifts and operations including but not limited to food prep and cooking, ensuring adequate inventory levels of food and supplies, and supervising the kitchen, dish and all other BOH teams.
- Breaths in the importance of quality and presentation standards in to life for their team and our guests.
- Ability to ensure that preparation quantities support forecasted business levels through proactive management of ordering, prepping and maintaining accurate par levels.