Salary: $70,000 – $75000
We are looking for a competent Event manager to oversee and organize events and be the welcoming presence for the restaurant before the host team arrives for their shift. We see the Event Manager as an active part of the hospitality team who cares about the restaurant and its organization as much as serving the guest when they arrive for an event. The event manager will be tasked with planning and managing our events’ calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event brief objectives.
We seek enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
The Events Manager will:
- Be responsible for setting up and actively managing the reservation book, Resy and OpenTable systems with an eye toward maximizing seating on a nightly basis.
- Respond to all emails sent to the info page that relate to reservations, large party bookings, general inquiries, or private events.
- Work with the host team and service staff to ensure the restaurant is properly set by 4:50 pm every day. This will include ensuring that all tables are set properly with no wobbles; all counters and cocktail tables are set properly; the floor is swept; the bathrooms are stocked and clean; service side stations are organized and tidy; the patio is properly set up; lighting and music levels are set appropriately; the host stand is organized and tidy; and all private event/large party tables are set properly.
- Work with the Management team to monitor the ambiance of the restaurant and make improvements when possible. (music/lighting levels, flowers, plants, bathrooms, side stations, etc.).
- Work with the service team to identify and proactively address potential guest issues and monitor the experience of these guests throughout their time in the restaurant.
- Be responsible for guest communications beginning at 11am, until the host arrives at 3pm. When phone calls are not answered, ensure that either yourself, or the host team, is responding to voicemails in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, oversee the setup and day-to-day operations of the office and daily functions such as filing, invoice scanning, correspondence and project management.
- Be responsible for operations of large party and private events programs. This includes collecting and responding to inquiries in a timely manner; sending and collecting completed contracts; developing event and large-party menus; creating and distributing BEOs to appropriate staff members; managing and working with the service team to execute all contracted large parties and private events; and reaching out to past and prospective clients to increase large-party and private event sales.
- In conjunction with the Management team, work to create systems for the event department that maintain organization, structure, and efficiency. These may include checklists, standardization of guest information, TripleSeat training, office organization, and more.
- Finalize payments and send receipts to clients, as well as doing an event follow up to ensure guest satisfaction
- Research event industry and neighboring clientele to create possible future opportunities (i.e hotels, vendors, retail, etc.)
- Perform operational managerial functions, including – but not limited to – attending weekly manager meetings, opening and closing the restaurant as scheduled, reconciling the restaurant’s daily cash log and managing departmental staff schedules.
- Must have at least 1- 2 years of event sales experience
- Must be detailed oriented, passionate about great food and service, friendly, kind and works well with others
- Collaborative and creative mindset
- Should be familiar with/excellent at Microsoft Office, Toast POS, Event software (Triple Seat, TPP)
- Good verbal and written communication skills; is capable of communicating effectively with customers and co-workers
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must have reliable personal transportation, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Competitive salary plus 3% of the service charge
- Medical Benefits (vision and dental can be added)
- PTO (10 days annually)
- Room for Growth