The Events Manager is responsible to work independently to sell and produce events in varied market segments. Events Manager is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with established event locations.
Events Manager must work both independently and as part of team to fully manage sales and account processes including production, sales and client activity. Events Manager will attend, execute and manage events as needed.
Events Manager will also work closely with Regional Director of Operations and Director of Sales in the sales, administration, execution and production process’ of events. Work closely with leadership in promoting the Company’s culture, mission and philosophy.
- - College degree preferred.
- - 2 + year experience in event planning, sales or event ops management.
- - MUST have extensive experience with weddings.
- - Prior hotel/hospitality/catering experience required.
- - Excellent computer skills necessary, including EXCEL, MicroSoft Word and MicroSoft Office
- - Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- - Proven ability to work independently and efficiently.
- - Ability to communicate work related information to co-workers, supervisors, vendors and clients.
- - Able to work flexible work schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work independently to respond to and act on client questions and needs including menu selections, logistics, rental equipment and party production.
- Work independently to respond to and act on in- house questions including menu selections, logistics, rental equipment and party production.
- Attend client tastings and logistical meetings when necessary.
- Conduct follow up with clients after events for feedback.
- Responsible for “auction” prize dinner/cocktail parties that clients purchase for gala events.
- Support party production as needed, including:
- Preparing folders and sending booker staff sheets
- Finalize menus and distribute event orders to appropriate departments/ managers.
- Prepare liquor permits and liquor quantity guides
- Prepare rental orders, coordinate delivery, pickup and payment.
- Prepare detailed Final Instructions
- Order uniforms/ clothing for staff when necessary.
- Prepare Final invoices for distribution.
- Work events in capacity as Captain and/ or Event Manager when necessary.
- Prepare detailed Write Up of events
- Complete special projects as directed by the Regional Director of Operations/Director of Catering or any member of the Executive Management team.
- Work independently towards client outreach, developing new client relationships and to initiate sales opportunities.
- Continually seek to identify and develop relationships with new off premises locations.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with venues/locations, as defined by plan.
- Create proposals and contracts which are comprised of 4 major areas: menu, beverage, staff and equipment rental.
- Refer appropriate venues and auxiliary services as needed to assist client in planning and to generate commission income.
- Conduct follow up calls on pending proposals.
- Field incoming sales inquiries independently, assessing client needs, give preliminary information and price quotes, negotiating and close those sales, and produce said events.
- Follow up with clients that have annual events to ensure that dates are secured on the calendar each year.
- Participate, initiate, and conduct client meetings/ sales calls and follow up.
- Maintain and execute procedures for sales and event production , including but not limited to:
- Staffing Guidelines
- Menu Presentation
- Create and customize menus based upon each client’s individual needs and requests. Finalize menus and prepare Event Orders for distribution to kitchen and other departments.
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK WEEKENDS.
Salary is $80k + .5% commission