Salary: $110,000 – $110,000
Expanding casual dining concept is seeking a District Manager to oversee Boston based locations of their creative concept. The DM would oversee and direct salaried managers to ensure guest satisfaction, service to staff, and compliance with company, state, local and federal restaurant requirements. Be a brand ambassador and a steward of the company’s core values and principles both inside and outside of our restaurants.
Massachusetts regional based travel required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Conduct weekly / biweekly one on ones with FOH store managers – log notes in OneDrive.
• Weekly store Visitation Reports.
• Monitor Bev and food spending vs. sales and assist store management in hitting targets.
• Hold store management accountable to executive team requests.
• Follow up on Monday Maintenance reports.
• Execute reviews of salaried employees including raise recommendations.
• Oversee and execute Individual Development programs for salaried employees.
• Hiring / Training Schedule / Managing Ads for staffing needs (AGM store level, DM Final Approvals).
• Read nightly logbook reports and present plan of action for improvements where necessary, monitoring progress. Track consistent errors and patterns and work with store managers to implement fixes.
• Review and approve monthly schedules once managers have posted.
• Approve Monthly Scheduling Templates.
• Read daily tracker posts for purchasing and labor budgeting. Educate store managers on how better to project where necessary.
• Conduct weekly payroll audit for accurate clock in/out, managers’ hours, and multi-store personnel overtime.
• Communicate E-team asks to management in an organized, detailed, and consistent manner.
• Audit service in all stores regularly and delegate improvements where necessary.
• Available to supplement manager shifts on the schedule when the business requires.
• Approve Management PTO and cover stores where necessary.
• Inventory review and approval.
• Takeout sticker / gift card orders.
• Approve HR Action Forms & Expense reimbursements/ Amazon/ Large Credit Card Purchases.
• Manage floating manager, including corporate Chef, schedules and projects.
• Meet with corporate Chef weekly to discuss state of BOH across company.
• in accordance with all applicable health, safety, and hygiene codes and standards. Maintains a DOH score of 95 or better.
• Approved Serve Safe or other QFO certificate.
• Administering payroll and maintaining records of sales and cash receipts including related areas of accounting, budgeting, credit policies, and banking methods.
• Remain in appropriate and current contact with the Executive team & co-workers via various forms of communication. Email, SLACK, text and call.
• Keep EJ at the forefront and ensure the team is aligned on communication.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Previous restaurant experience required; previous management experience preferred; successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful
• Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
• Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family
• Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees
• Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule