Multi-Unit hospitality group that owns and operates multiple restaurant in major metropolitan cities is searching for a Director of Payroll, that has a career interest/desire and passion for the Hospitality Restaurant Industry. Applicants with Hospitality Restaurant Industry experience will be given priority consideration for this role. Candidate can be based in the Los Angeles area or New York City and will work closely with financial leadership team and restaurant operators.
Primary Job Duties: – Includes, but is not limited to:
- Process payroll ensuring accurate completion within time schedule and monitors all tax and other payroll deductions.
- Ensure compliance for payment of all compensation due to employee (missed hours, compensation) within required state and local guidelines.
- Review and ensure accuracy of time punch inputs and reports including salaried PTO, tips, pooled tips, tip variances and the close of payroll.
- Review, maintain and distribute annual property payroll calendars.
- Manage all functions within the Payroll Department in accordance with company policies and procedures, city, state and federal laws.
- Authorize and verify payroll funds transfer(s) from company to bank account(s).
- Obtain full knowledge of Finance concepts, methods, standards, principles and technology.
- Build relationships with third party payroll system providers in processing employees’ time, bonus payments, deductions, garnishments, pay adjustments, as well as auditing and establishing compliant pay practices.
- Adapt quickly and effectively to procedural changes and assist with other special projects.
- Monitor standards, delegation of daily work and running of all reports for the department.
- Create relationships with property leaders to develop strong communication between the Payroll team and operating departments.
- Oversee the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to run payroll reports and experience using excel for payroll purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least five years of Payroll experience in hospitality and restaurant industry or similar.
- At least three years of directly related operational management experience at a similar leadership level.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (example Word, Excel).
- Proficient knowledge of tactical payroll compliance tasks including FLSA, state, local labor and employment practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English. Spanish communication skills a big plus.
- Strong communication and influence skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully mentor a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting or a similar or related field.
- Working knowledge and experience with Paylocity Payroll and Time and Labor tools.
- Previous experience working in a large hospitality restaurant group.