Salary: $100000 – $120000
Modern American, upscale, Chef-driven restaurant located in historic downtown LA seeks an organized, detail oriented Director of Operations with excellent table side manner and strong administrative skills to join our leadership team. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic, an in-depth understanding of food and wine, strong financial acumen, a passion for hospitality and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
• Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
• Ensure that all food and beverage products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s standards.
• Create a positive, productive working environment.
• Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
• Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of service and professional development.
• Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
• Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance are followed and completed on a timely basis.
• Manage labor by anticipating business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed.
• Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
• Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
• Work closely with the Senior Leadership team to continuously improve operations.
• 2+ years of senior restaurant management experience
• Experience working in a fine dining restaurant
• Professional and positive communication skills and leadership ability
Salary $100K annually, Health Insurance, Covered Parking, $50 monthly cell phone stipend. 1 week paid vacation year one, 2 weeks thereafter.
EOE (equal employment opportunity)