Salary: $150000 – $160,000
A large scale and established 4-star select service hotel brand opening in DTLA seeks a highly qualified Director of Finance to provide consistent leadership in the financial area of the Food and Beverage Venues. This leader will supply the accounting staff with guidance and training, focus on the profitability of the business, maintain accurate and timely financial reporting, ensure acceptable levels on internal control and compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations. Will safeguard the owners/investors assets.
The Director of Finance/Controller will be responsible for handling payables and overseeing receivables, along with audit of revenues. The Controller will assist the VP of Food and Beverage by completing financials, payables, income journal deposits, and other sensitive tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
- Preparation, delivery of accurate monthly financial statements for F&B operations.
- Identify, analyze variance to budget in operating statement with operational team.
- Review daily income audit, identification and correction of all variances.
- Daily, Weekly reporting (including flash reporting).
- Review purchasing, receivable, and inventory protocols.
- Compile weekly AP packet for submission.
- Review, process F&B tax reconciliations, payments.
- Own Internal accounting controls, monthly inventory audit.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations for F&B.
- Manage F&B packages with Accounting Manager and all respective costs.
- Reconciliation, payment of Sales and other contractual operational taxes.
- Cash management, including flow statement generation and bank control.
- Ad hoc analysis in conjunction with Operator (ie. revenue per hour, cover analysis, labor, COGS, pmix, menu engineering, comp reporting, POS prices versus Menu)
- Maintain weekly theoretical versus actual tracking of labor standards.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of hotel and F&B synergies/areas of opportunity.
- Generate, control staffing model and templates (based on Operator inputs).
- Ensure all control functions that are established are followed by coworkers/employees.
- Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as requested.
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Effectively manage and communicate related issues related to management of receivables, payables, daily cash balances, and timely deposits of all funds
- Generate and manage pre-opening budget with F&B Operator and GM.
- Finance side of building budget operational and pre-opening (with operator assumptions)
- Minimum 8 years previous Finance experience as an Director of Finance or Controller within a high-volume restaurant group
- Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L statements, and labor models is required.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Competitive Salary
- Full Medical
- Retirement savings
- Growth potential
- Fun work environment
- EOE – We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.