Salary: $120,000 – $
The Director of Events Services is to play a critical role in the direct planning, oversight, execution and follow up as it relates to any and all events sold. In addition to this you will be responsible for general day-to-day support of FOH operations. This position will be required to meet the following criteria.
Event Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the planning and execution of all events including but not limited to the items listed below:
- Timely outreach to client after transition from sales team.
- Schedule client walk-throughs to review scope of event.
- Responsible for all event staff scheduling (including scheduling in-house staff and coordinating staff from in house and temp agencies). Monitor event labor costs with outside and internal staffing. Think of innovative ways to cut back on labor costs when applicable.
- Coordinate all logistics of events include but not be limited to: rentals, deliveries, load in/out, guest lists, special requests, set-up, breakdown, reset etc.
- Reach out to all social clients 6-8 weeks prior to event date.
- Communicate directly with culinary team to confirm menus, delivery times, staffing and other execution needs.
- Work hand-in-hand with GM on BEO creation, client invoicing and final payment confirmation.
- Finalize all event floor plans; coordinate with Walter and the porter team for proper set up.
- Participate in monthly meeting with GM & Director of Sales to review the following:
- In-depth BEO review to recap and outline any special instructions, nuances, staffing levels, rentals, and any further communication that will be needed for flawless event execution.
- Review status of client handoffs.
- Revenue review & discuss potential ways to grow where available on future bookings.
- 8 week events projection review.
Bar Management Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be knowledgeable about the company, location, and all food and beverage menus.
- Provide fast, friendly, and professional customer service to all guests- verbally greeting and making welcome everyone upon entering, with a smile and eye contact.
- Invite and welcome guests back upon completion of their visit.
- Recognize and identify repeat guests and VIPs.
- Accommodate guests needs, i.e. wheel chair, restrooms, movement of drinks from one location to another, etc.
- Communicate guest’s complaints, compliments, or specific needs to management.
- Initiate a willingness to understand beverage programs and become cross trained on ordering.
- Ensures that guest seating is rotated between all service stations.
- Quickly become accustomed to operational softwares (open table, delphi, social tables etc.)
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain standards of hygiene and sanitation. Follow Health Department’s standards for hygiene and food safe food handling.
- Customer service oriented with an outgoing, upbeat, and positive personality.
- Leadership qualities and a well groomed appearance.
- Strong ability to multi-task with regards to operations/events.
- Ability to work in a team and independently exceed the expectations of others.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment and effectively coach staff.
- Ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment and effectively communicate solutions to issues as they arise.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients, guests, vendors and employees.
- Must have a flexible work schedule and be able to accommodate work schedules based on business needs.