Director of Catering – Off Premise
REPORTS TO: General Manager & Regional Director of Sales
DIRECT REPORTS: Site Specific Sales Team - Sales Managers, Coordinators, Event Assistant
ROLE & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Director of Catering is responsible for the successful development and growth of the off-premise division. Overall tasks and responsibilities will include supervision of the event planning process from inquiry through event execution, actively networking and seeking relationships, whether venues or event planning entities. The DOC will be responsible for actively seeking venue and external client relationships while maintaining an excellent working relationship the operations team. The DOC will be responsible for maintaining the client vision and brand standards at any off-premise venue or event.
- 5+ years of experience overseeing high-volume food and beverage/catering operations either within a hotel, cultural institution, or premier catering company
- Must have experience in entrepreneurial and corporate business environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- The ability to direct multiple levels of catering within a very dynamic environment
- hardworking nature, hands-on approach, and a passion for the business
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management, vendors, and clients.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business levels.
Essential Job Functions
Direct Sales and Sales Management
- Work independently towards client outreach to develop new client relationships and to initiate sales opportunities.
- Consistently network, prospect and work to keep the brand and its offerings at the forefront to new and historical catering clients
- Detail yearly sales plan and maintain monthly KPI’s for yourself and your team.
- Mentor, train and develop sales team to consistently foster a collaborative work environment
- Maintain positive client relationships and liaison as necessary to ensure a consistently positive interaction
- Field incoming sales, assessing client needs, give preliminary information and price quotes, negotiate, and close those sales.
- Run weekly sales meetings at the unit level.
- Follow up with clients and sales managers to ensure that annual events are secured on the calendar each year.
- Finalize all staffing needs and party details.
- Responsible for maintaining A/R accountability at the unit
- Responsible for sales and status reports as well as deposits/accounts receivable and contracts.
- Event Coordination to include timing of events, assisting Captain(s) with staff assignments on site and meeting with staff when necessary, acting as liaison with client, kitchen, staff, and vendors.
- Create catering proposals, which are comprised of four major areas: menu, beverage, staff and equipment rental.
- Participate, conduct client meetings / sales calls, and follow up.
- Conduct tastings as needed.
- Ensure that budgeted goals are met or exceeded.
- Set individual team members revenue goals and assist in directing their outreach to meet and achieve goals.
- Monitor event profitability to ensure that events are sold and executed according to company standards and budget.
- Create a post event analysis that ensures the successful execution of each event in all cost areas.
- Submit weekly pace reports to the company.
- Ensure that all event deposits, payments, and invoicing reflect the company policies and procedures.
- Monitor staffing levels on each event to ensure proper service standards are achieved and profitability maintained according to budget.
This will be a collaborative approach with the Marketing to ensure the successful development of the brand.
- Develop and maintain an active and aggressive advertising campaign to ensure the successful integration of the brand in the market
- Creating brand collateral with the Marketing department as need arises
- Monitor and track the results of the advertising campaigns to ensure that the expense has a significant impact on sales and brand awareness.
- Establish signature marketing events to bring awareness of our offerings to the event planning industry.
- Regularly networking to increase notoriety and buzz surrounding events at venue
- Establish market comp analysis annually to ensure the competitive offerings and pricing for the area.
The DOC must possess a working knowledge of the systems used within the company. The DOC must be proficient in the following
- Opening & closing procedures
- Producing accurate monthly reporting
- Food and beverage knowledge
THIS ROLE IS 80K BASE + COMMISSION (with year 1 guarantee 100k all-in minimum)
Potential to make 120k all-in