Salary: $135000 – $150000
Family-owned gourmet markets offering both organic & conventional groceries, grab and go, deli foods plus wine, beer & spirits seeks a culinary director. The Culinary Director is responsible for overseeing the culinary teams of Multiple locations’ and their food preparation process in the Prepared Foods counter and grab and go case. The Culinary Director will oversee the creation of recipes, food costing, and training for the Prepared Foods program.
The Culinary Director will drive innovation and menu development while also leading culinary store leaders to excellence. The elevated Prepared food program will appeal to store customers and drive sales to this growing department.
This role requires ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Supervises production for all Prepared Foods venues
- Responsible for hiring, training, retaining and motivating staff
- Ensures that food quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation meet all Regional standards.
- Maintains high productivity levels and ensures that kitchen schedules are kept within budget.
- Responsible for catering production.
- Ensures that production is done using correct measuring devices, and that all recipes are followed.
- Documents waste and spoilage using appropriate forms; meets all spoilage targets.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required training and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with cleanliness and safety standards; ensures walk-ins and freezers are clean and organized.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership
- 10+ years experience managing multiple locations (grocery culinary programs, restaurants, hotel outlets)
- At least 5 years of Executive Chef experience in full service restaurants, banquet/events, or grocery culinary departments
- Background in food retail/grocery is extremely important
- Strong understanding and ability to implement processes/systems and structure
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to stay calm, collected and organized under pressure in high-volume, fast paced environment
- Training and Development experience. SOP creation a plus
- Excellent references required
- Computer savvy, with good experience in food management software including MS Office, Word/Excel/Outlook
- Competitive Salary- $110K-$150 DOE
- Medical and full Dental and Vision Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Great work environment and schedule. 5 days a week, mostly daytime hours. Some weekends.
- PTO and Paid holidays