We are seeking a Finance Director to join our team in beautiful Santa Monica. The hotel has been recently relaunched and is already being regarded as the premier luxury lifestyle hotel in Santa Monica.
We’re passionate about individuals who are unafraid to test new ideas, to shed their ego for the good of the company, and to always strive to make it better than it was before. Talented and exceptional people who love what they do.
The Controller is responsible for overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and is familiar with standard operating procedures related to Human Resources and Loss Prevention as well as house rules according to Company standards. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- Complies at all times with the Company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficiently hotel operations as well as demonstrates understanding of expectations found within the Employee Handbook.
- Familiar with the organization of Company Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Oversees the duties of General Cashier with responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Rooms Food Beverage and House deposits as applicable.
- Oversees and maintains the over/short log and maintains controls for all cashier banks in the hotel.
- Posts all city ledger payments daily according to the Daily Mail Cash Receipts (DMCR).
- Prepares all bank deposits ‘due backs’ returned checks credit card charge backs and bank change orders according to Company standards.
- Maintains responsibility for the billing of accounts receivable daily.
- Responsible for Hotel Credit Policy and detailed knowledge of Hotel receivables; reconciles credit cards daily.
- Maintains card file trace system for AR collection call process per SOP.
- Maintains a record of approved direct billing accounts.
- Performs the Accounts Receivable Balancing function at least once each month.
- Maintains the Special Operating Account and the Petty Cash Fund according to Company standards.
- Voucher A&G and PT & EB invoices utilizing the Purchase Order and Checkbook Accounting procedures according to Company standards.
- Ensures that all hotel invoices are submitted to Corporate Accounts Payable weekly.
- Performs the income audit on a daily basis using the income audit checklist to maintain and ensure the accuracy of the Income/Flash reports.
- Prepares and submits the Corporate Flash Report on the dates specified in the monthly central accounting calendar.
- Completes monthly checklist and sends in month-end package according to central accounting calendar.
- Monitors Guest Services and Night Audit agents’ work for proper accounting procedures.
- Oversees the training of all Night Auditors in regards to their accounting related responsibilities.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and is prepared for transmission; appropriately applies state and local laws affecting payroll wage & hour taxes etc.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork and any employee changes are processed on PAF’S and submitted in to Payroll on a timely manner.
- Produces weekly productivity every Tuesday as required.
- Ensures associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests all other employees and management.
- Records requests for employee benefits and monitors use (i.e. vacation time employee benefit room nights sick time etc.)
- Maintains a professional working relationship and promotes open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and provides training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Company standards.
- Participates in required MOD coverage as scheduled
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information as appropriate.
- Performs any other duties and/or attends meetings as requested by the General Manager.
- Associate's degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or at least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems show the ability to manipulate and troubleshoot spreadsheets type memos and reports and handle basic PC problems.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly. Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Fun work environment