A growing Southern CA based QSR brand seeks a controller to oversee the accounting operations for their corporate team and over 20 outlets. Responsibilities include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Direct day to day accounting, including account reconciliations, general ledger, accounts payable, deposits, payroll, etc.
- Period end financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Period end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Period end bank account reconciliations
- Other period end items that support the growth and needs of the business
- Establish, monitor and maintain accounting policies and procedures and internal controls to safeguard assets, achieve objectives, and ensure the integrity of financial data
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to guide the development and management of budgets, monitor performance against budget and forecast and manage cash flow.
- Support annual financial audit. Work with external auditors to ensure timely and accurate completion of financial audit.
- Support annual corporate tax filings. Work with tax preparer to ensure timely and accurate completion of corporate tax filings.
- Prepare sales tax filings, property tax filings and other regulatory related filings
- Assist senior management in various ad-hoc analyses
- Complete and/or assist in other monthly tasks and projects as needed
- BS/BA in accounting or finance
- 5- 7 years of finance experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in the restaurant industry. CPA preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of Toast/Restaurant365 and/or other POS and accounting systems/softwares
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical approach to problem solving
- High level of business acumen required
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work under time constraints
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be self-directed and extremely well organized
- Language Ability: Able to speak clearly and comprehend directions in English. Able to read English. Ability to read/speak Spanish is extremely helpful but not mandatory.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability and willingness to solve problems individually and as a Team
While performing the duties of the job the Team Member is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Employee is required to frequently speak and to hear. The Employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Medical, Dental, Vision (for independent and family)
Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
2 weeks vacation
EOE - We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.