- Kitchen controller / Managing all aspects of the kitchen / Supervision and leadership of BOH staff / Continuous training, motivating, and mentorship of BOH staff / Continuous maintenance of kitchen standards / daily management of production prep / Daily management of cleanliness and health standards / Updating recipe guides / Weekly checks in with Executive Chef / Ordering / inventory / Receiving / Managing health inspections / Managing food costs / Managing operational costs / Managing labor costs / Hiring, firing, and scheduling /FOH training & lineup.
Supervise and manage all kitchen staff, achieving operational pars while maintaining agreed upon standards. Working alongside Culinary Director to execute our vision. Ensure staff are appropriately trained and have all the tools and equipment needed to effectively execute their job function. Proactively ensuring staff under Sous Chef’s supervision are monitored and guided to effectively produce consistent high caliber food in a clean and safe work environment.
Chef de Cuisine is the head chef of the kitchen, all kitchen staff report to the Chef de Cuisine. The Chef de Cuisine is directly responsible for every dish that leaves the kitchen. Working closely with the sous chefs, pastry chef, line staff, prep staff, and kitchen porter to ensure the restaurant’s vision is produced to spec standards. Communication with the Culinary Director and executing on the line is a core function of the position. The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for executing, conceiving, and planning R&D for new dishes as well as continuous involvement with existing dishes evolution with the goal of improvement. It is important the Chef de cuisine is capable of motivating the team while still able to professionally maintain a business focused perspective to appropriately discipline employees as needed. While collaboration is a key component of the role, changes and creative direction need to be communicated and agreed upon by the Executive Chef. The Chef de cuisine should efficiently execute day to day service and ensure all dishes are leaving the kitchen at their best.
As managers we are working proactively to continuously improve our product and craft; working to combine the collective talents of our team to create our best and continue to improve upon it.
Responsible for meeting all standards on:
- daily prep and organization,
- cleanliness of the kitchen,
- line cook and prep cook execution,
- effective time management throughout the kitchen.
Required job functions:
- maintain agreed upon cost margins for labor and other BOH COGS,
- attending mandatory trading meetings/calls,
- execute regular performance reviews and open blend sessions,
- utilizing and managing group wide inventory and stock management systems,
- creation, management, and adherence to SOPs,
- managing inventory and maintenance of BOH equipment, tools, and regular scheduled maintenance services,
- work in collaboration with HR in the sourcing, on-boarding, hiring, firing, and disciplinary actions,
- participation and contribution to group PR and marketing initiatives,
- addressing and adapting to the special needs of our VIP client, artists, partners, and directors,
- lead and maintain agreed upon group sustainability initiatives,
- foster and maintain purveyor relationships,
- effective and continuous communication with chefs and staff,
- effective communication and execution on ordering needs,
- executing R&D and costing of planned projects in consultation with the Executive Chef,
- ensuring the following shifts are operationally spec’d prior to checking out,
- cooking on the line when needed,
- deep understanding of all items on the menu with the ability to safely identify and modify allergy restrictions,
- deep understanding of all menu methods and recipes for both front of house and back of house training,
- effectively monitoring product received from purveyors to meet standards,
- event planning, costing, production, execution, and prep,
- ensuring staff are appropriately trained and executing to spec,
- understanding of food costing,
- ensuring checklists are being effectively completed by staff,
- hold and attend mandatory meetings,
- professional and courteous workplace conduct and etiquette,
- holding all staff accountable to consistent production and efficiencies,
- monitoring and holding staff accountable to the schedule,
- communicating staff deficiencies with management and executing appropriate disciplinary actions,
- leading by example by demonstrating good technique, exemplary behavior, knowledge, and positive attitude.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time,
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs,
- Must be able to perform repetitive bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting of products and supplies.
- The Chef de Cuisine is a salaried management position and is expected to contribute 50-60 hours a week.