Salary: $90000 – $100000
Notable restaurant and nightlife group with multiple concepts in LA and in other major food cities seeks a strong culinary operations professional with a background in fine dining. This innovative group is expanding and is looking for leaders who are excited to grow with them.
The CDC will be responsible for day-to-day kitchen operations. This includes overseeing kitchen staff, ensuring food quality, consistency, and execution. The CDC will work in conjunction with the Culinary Director on menu development including seasonal changes. To be successful in this position, you will need creativity, strong leadership, effective communication skills, and an understanding of managing food
and labor costs. You will need to adhere to company standards and be able to carry them out. The CDC reports directly to the Culinary Director.
- Ensure exceptional quality of product produced and received.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost controls and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit.
- Conduct daily line checks; Ensure that clear feedback is provided to kitchen staff, food service staff, and management.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state, and federal Health Department regulations comply as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and its equipment as well as training staff on proper sanitation guidelines
- Ensure upkeep, repair, and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain compliance of all safe food handling procedures along with creating a safe working environment for all staff.
- Ensure proper staffing levels by assisting in the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring talented kitchen staff members in accordance with hiring policies
- Manage scheduling, training, performance feedback, discipline, and terminations
- Conduct ongoing training and professional development of kitchen staff
- Culinary Certificate or Degree by an accredited culinary agency preferred
- Manager Serve Safe Certification
- 4-6 years’ experience in a professional busy kitchen environment
- Able to deliver and exceed the expectations of a highly demanding clientele
- Positive, honest, and energetic work ethic
- Track record of success; demonstrating upward career tracking
- Able to work ten hour-plus shifts and the ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. as needed
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
- Able to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area.
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also, to distinguish product, taste texture, temperature, presentation, and preparation
- Flexible work schedule
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance with company contribution offered the first of the month after 60 days of employment
- Staff meals
- EOE – We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.