Salary: $85000 – $90000
Lifestyle hotel located in the heart of Chelsea is seeking experienced Chef de Cuisine. This person will be responsible for the daily operations of hotel kitchen from preparation to execution of all meal periods and will report to the Executive Chef of the property.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Participate in restaurant promotions with Director of Marketing.
- Ensure proper ordering/purchasing of products for every day and specifically weekends.
- Act as a creative force in menu development.
- Research and develop new trends in fine dining, regional cuisine and other worldly cuisine.
- Interact with restaurant guests/visit restaurant in each meal period and connect with guests.
- Address guest concerns/complaints and resolve to complete satisfaction.
- Participate in all management meetings.
- Train restaurant staff on cuisine and dish preparation/presentation to assist in selling to guests.
- Monitor and review daily revenue reports, labor reports, food cost and all other F&B reports., adjusting where necessary to ensure costs in line with budget and revenues.
- Monitor quality control, plate presentation, food quality, etc.
- All other duties as required.
- Italian Mediterranean background
- Minimum five years culinary/kitchen management experience in hotel-based operations.
- Michelin and/or Five Star, Five Diamond experience preferred.
- High school diploma; culinary certificate preferred.
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guests service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Extensive knowledge in local and worldly cuisines; exceptional guest relations skills; exceptional employee relations skills; strong organizational skills; computer skills proficiency; thorough understanding of financial reports including labor; ability to effectively direct and manage all facets of the kitchen; ability to lead a team; flexibility with work schedule; excellent presentation skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent listening skills.
- Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 30-50 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Competitive Salary
- 100% employee benefits paid + dental/vision
- 10 days PTO
- Meal allowance