Salary: $85000 – $90000
James Beard award winning Chef/Owner seeks a Chef de Cuisine to join their team. This charming, award winning Italian restaurant in South Boston offers traditional Italian food with a modern sensibility, focusing on handmade pastas, antipasti and an appealing Aperitivi and Amaro program.
The CDC will work directly with the Chef Owner. The CDC will have creative input on the development of new dishes that align with the vision of the restaurant’s menu program with the guidance of the Chef/Owner.
The CDC will run the day to day operations of this tiny and busy open kitchen and will oversee the development and performance of pasta makers, line cooks, sous chefs and porters. The CDC will schedule all culinary staff and help hire and train all new culinary employees.
In addition to oversight of staff, the CDC will have prep responsibilities, will expedite 4-5 nights/week), check in orders, manage inventory, input invoices, and manage food costs. This is a working position.
- Should have pasta making experience and a passion for Italian cuisine
- Should have at least 2 years of Exec Sous or CDC experience at a notable upscale casual or fine dining (preferably with a focus on Italian cuisine)
- Must have daytime and night time availability
- Candidates must have a passion for cooking, an eye for detail and a curiosity to learn and grow
- Strong leadership skills and emotional intelligence
- High commitment to kindness, quality and guest experience are of utmost importance
- Creativity is a must
- Seeking a hospitality-driven culinary professional who is enthusiastic, systems oriented, and thrives in an open kitchen.
Other requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- A passion for training and developing staff, and the ability to motivate their team.
- Excels at recipe development and excellent food cost
- Solid verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and has a sense of urgency
- High level of organization
- Health insurance (50%)
- Paid time off
- In-house culinary, hospitality and leadership education
- Culture of kindness and respect
- Educational stipend
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- EOE – We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.