A charming boutique hotel in the Catskills seeks a Chef de Cuisine to join the team. The menu features hearty yet simple cuisine made from fresh seasonal produce sourced locally. We pride ourselves on great service, integrity, passion, and teamwork. We strive to offer casual fine dining throughout our restaurant, bar, in-room dining, events, pool, and other areas throughout our property, with menus that change regularly with the seasons.
We are specifically looking for a leader excited not only to manage our kitchen staff and daily operations, but to collaborate, elevate our guest & employee work experiences, and to exceed expectations.
Create menus according to season and customer research
Set up the kitchen with necessary tools and equipment
Prepare food and present it in an appealing manner
Supervise and delegate tasks to other team members
Maintain appropriate levels of inventory and restock when necessary
Follow all food safety regulations
3 years previous experience as a chef or cook
Certification from culinary school preferred
ServeSafe or Food Handler’s Certification
Advanced knowledge of culinary techniques and recipes
Ability to remain calm and thrive under pressure
Excellent time management skills
Strong leadership skills
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees enrolled in the Health Insurance Plan receive a $6,000 “company allowance” towards their respective insurance premiums.
- Signing bonuses are paid out after an employees first 90 days of employment.
- On the day of your 1-year anniversary with our company, we will add 15% in Profit Sharing Pension contribution to an account for your retirement.
- After a six-month performance review, we will extend two non-consectutive weeks of paid time off and three paid personal days throughout each year. After second-year anniversary, eligible for three non-consecutive weeks of paid time off and three paid personal days throughout each year.
-After a six-month performance review, your inclusion in a bonus pool structure will begin immediately. Bonuses vary and are subjective for the most part.
- Relocation assistance
- On-premise discounts
-Team-building, and ongoing training are available.
- EOE - We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.