Salary: $75000 – $80000
Notable restaurant group is seeking a Wine Director/Beverage Manager to oversee our fantastic wine program and assist in the overall management of a James Beard award winning chef’s restaurant in Santa Monica. This is an excellent career opportunity for enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas, unrelenting drive to provide exceptional guest service and hospitality, and the organization skills necessary to oversee our wine program.
The Wine Director will be tasked with:
- Working closely with the Chef/Owner, Restaurant Group Wine Director, and the General Manager.
- Purchasing wine, negotiating pricing and being the primary vendor point of contact for the restaurant.
- Revising all wine lists and menus and maintaining their accuracy and condition.
- Conducting monthly inventory of wine.
- Maintaining full wine program including by the glass entries within targeted costs, and provide anticipated costs for future budgets.
- Helping to hire, train, coach and develop service staff.
- Managing the responsibilities of the Junior Sommelier in order to ensure all work is completed on time and within budget.
- Helping to schedule various FOH departments to ensure all service standards are met while adjusting for levels of business.
- Overseeing and helping to drive the floor service and operations of the restaurant, cutting staff when appropriate and while ensuring they complete all side work.
- Helping to maintain the daily updates to menu and subsequently the website, tablets, etc.
- Coding and filing of all wine specific invoices and maintaining an invoice log.
- Updating the point of sale system with relevant data (pricing, menu and 86d items).
- Representing the restaurant in wine specific events as well as company marketing materials and other related media.
- Conducting wine training to educate staff.
- Drive wine sales through direct guest interaction and a heavy floor presence by working service at least 5 nights per week including the busiest nights (Thursday through Saturday).
- Helping provide a hospitality experience that delivers complete guest satisfaction from start to finish
- Helping the rest of the management team in responding positively and quickly to guest inquiries and concerns. Correct potential problems as soon as they arise
- Assist the management team with preparing and leading staff and lead meetings. The Wine Director would continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees.
- Treat employees with dignity and respect
- At least 2+ years of upscale/fine dining restaurant management experience
- Extensive front of house knowledge; Advanced knowledge of financial aspects
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required
- Stable and progressive work history; Strong work ethic
- Fully Covered Healthcare
- 401k Savings Program
- Paid Sick Time
- Dining Discounts
- Growth Opportunities
- EOE – We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.