Trending hospitality group is seeking an experience Beverage Manager for a Beverage Director role to oversee their Lower Manhattan opening concept. The emphasis is on New American inspired Italian cuisine has an emphasis on the Roman approach. Ideal candidate has experience at the Beverage Manager or Director level. This is an excellent opportunity for a Beverage Manager to take the next step in their career at the Director level. This company is growing throughout Manhattan with room for advancement and future projects planned throughout the city. Open to candidates from a variety of beverage backgrounds with upscale dining experience and a passion for chef driven cuisine.
Required Skills & Character:
Must have a solid beverage background with, heavy cocktail & wine knowledge. Strong understanding of COGS and inventory management.
- 2 years in a similar management position in hip, trendy, high volume atmosphere.
- Sommelier certification of ASA Viticulture Vinification course, advanced WSET, CMS level 2 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of bar & spirit operations including classic & contemporary cocktails/mixology and classic bartending technique.
- Knowledge & experience with purchasing & current wine & spirit distributor portfolios.
- Inventory & cost control.
- Wine service & sales on the floor.
- Training, development and hiring of teams
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance coverage