Salary: $90000 – $100000
We are looking for talented beverage professional to lead the bar team’s boutique hotel, including a rooftop venue, a 3 meal restaurant, a coffee cart, and banquets. Beverage program responsibilities will include but are not limited to seasonal cocktail menu changes, coordinating guest menus and daily specials, and beer lists, inventory, pricing and cost controls, glassware, and large format batching options.
Staff training & educational duties will include but are not limited to analyses of bar and service staff hospitality & service levels, cocktail expertise and spirit/beer knowledge along with standard technique and best practices in accordance with a top-tier cocktail bar with an eye towards acknowledgment on a national scale.
Shift management duties (in conjunction with floor manager) include but are not limited to oversight/leadership of all bar staff, close monitoring of guest experience (touching tables & interacting with guests), speed & consistency of service & hospitality standards, monitoring the quality and of regular offerings & menus, troubleshooting equipment, closely monitoring volume, lighting, VIBE, guest and staff safety, reporting injuries and neighborhood diplomacy.
Working with the director of food and beverage for an overall cohesive beverage program throughout the property.
- Maintain beverage cost under or equivalent to current budget guidelines
- Attend staff, Food & Beverage meetings, and any other meetings regarding F&B business
- Performs Manager on Duty shift
- Assists in maintaining expenses and weekly inventories in relationship to revenues and business demands
- Maintain open lines of communication between all other departments
- Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. system
- Inspect grooming standards and correct any deficiencies
- Produce wine, beer, and liquor orders for the outlet departments
- Know menu items, preparation and service requirements for designated areas and assigned function
- Checking to make sure that proper equipment and necessary working stock is available to staff prior to the start of their shift
- Check attendance of staff and fill out late absent reports if needed
- Before each shift, hold line up meetings with the bar department, informing them of latest developments in the F&B
- Walk the property and check for any equipment, supplies, props or anything left by any department or guest and make sure it is stored properly
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended
- Supervise set up service, tables, and stations according to standards set.
- Be aware of timing for all drinks, services and any other organized event
- Monitor and maintain proper pours for different drink specials, as well as cold food cold and hot food hot
- Greet contacts and guests (by name as much as possible)
- Assist in the control the opening of wine/champagne bottles in accordance with proper amounts needed
- Assist staff with their job functions which may include but not limited to replenishing liquor, taking orders, making drinks and any special requests by guests
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly with the request or answer before a guest repeats the original request
- Complete knowledge of contracted products and services to ensure correct billing
- Maintain positive guest and interdepartmental relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services / features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints by following the SOP and ensuring guest satisfaction
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas
- Ensure staff maintains service supplies and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion
- Ensure staff is keeping all storage areas secured at all times, during and after shift ends
- Must work cohesively with all associates as part of a team
- Protect and guard against abuse of company and guest’s property
- Keep Management informed of any accidents or problems involving guests or employees
- Perform special projects or assignments based on guest’s needs or market demands
- Ensures all bartenders are educated and trained in proper alcohol service procedures and intoxication prevention.
- Inspect bar and function areas for cleanliness, safety hazards, correct furniture & equipment set up
- In collaboration with PR / Marketing for the hotel, actively find ways to market our brand and program while also periodically representing the venues at trade events and through PR opportunities as they present themselves
- Assign and supervise closing duties and assignments
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
Relevant Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge, specifically wine, and spirits
- Strong Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- Strong Understanding of POS and inventory systems
- Desire and ability to teach and foster growth
- Problem Solving, Multi-Tasking & Delegation
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Experience 3-year minimum in Bar or Beverage Management Role.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- TiPS Certification, Food handling certificate, or ability to get each certificate
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding
Performs other duties as requested by Director of Food and Beverage
Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.