Salary: $65,000 – $72,000
A successful Bakery/Cafe in Boston’s South End seeks a passionate hospitality and operations professional to become part of the fabric of this one year old business. This opportunity may be a good fit for someone who has spent a lot of time in a bakery department and yearns to spend more time on day to day operations. This is a great role for someone who yearns to open up their own café, or who has a desire to feel a strong sense of ownership, autonomy, and influence over the place they work.
Partnering closely with the owners, the bakery cafe manager is responsible for all café operations. They will
care deeply about creating a warm, welcoming, environment, developing a culture that sets a
high standard of service, fostering a work environment in which employees strive to be their
best every day, and will have an aptitude for managing the business side of the café.
The Bakery Café Manager is visible on the floor and develops relationships with customers, vendors, and staff alike, while also being responsible for some administrative duties related to buying, inventory management, hiring and managing staff, etc. They will have an unwavering passion for food, coffee, and service.
- Have an unwavering passion for baked goods and coffee
- Critical thinking balanced with high EQ
- Minimum one year experience as a manager (FOH/Pastry Dept.) in a similar environment
- High attention to detail, organized, and clear communication skills
- Strong leadership skills + self-motivated
- Able to manage and maintain a fast-paced work environment, acting as a team-player and staying calm under pressure
- Familiarity with restaurant management software
- Ability to coordinate daily front of house and back of house café operations
- Lead the hiring and managing of FOH and BOH employees
- Ability to organize and supervise shifts and fill-in where needed
- Capable at scheduling, hiring, training of staff
- Able to maintain the café’s brand and image through hard work, service, and sincere hospitality
- Flexible availability
- ServSafe certified (not required, but a plus)
- Bonus/Partnership potential
- EOE – We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.