Iconic, chic and sustainable hotel in South Beach, Florida is seeking an In Room Dining Assistant Manager. The IRD Assistant Manager will be supervising personnel and the operations of In Room Dining, The Private Bar and The Pool operations for the overnight shift, in compliance with the standard operating procedures of the hotel and our 'Core Standards'.
- Supervise employees in In Room Dining, The Pool and Private Bar areas.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To contribute to the direction and provide inspirational leadership with the teams in In Room Dining, The Pool and Private Bar in order to maximize individual and team potential and develop future capability.
- To guide and inspire exceptional team performance and mentor team members within the outlets.
- Perform Daily Line Ups and communicate all required information to teams.
- Act as a spokesperson for the departments in order to achieve 1 Hotel’s vision and enhance and build positive brand image with internal and external guests.
- Attend Daily Hotel wide Operations meetings.
- Review daily arrival and Traces list for any special instructions.
- Coordinate and work closely with other departments across the hotel to contribute to the success of the entire hotel.
- Understand and contribute to the day to day P&L of the departments.
- Support strategic planning and development opportunities for the departments financial and service goals
- Assign and monitor daily employee shift side work
- Double check every order.
- Personally serve all VIP orders with server.
- Identify, customize and deliver individual guest requirements.
- Promote the building of strong relationships with guests and employees through sincere communication and demonstrating a genuine desire to serve.
- Communicate all special guest requests to kitchen.
- Monitor Bus person duties and ensure they are performed.
- Paces daily In Room Dining order distribution and deliveries.
- Monitor order/food pick-up/tray assembly/delivery time.
- Compile trip report logs.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to ensure removal of In Room Dining equipment from guest rooms and public areas.
- Inspect hotel areas/clearing areas for In Room Dining equipment.
- Monitor all aspects of In Room Dining operations.
- Maintain departmental supply storage organization and cleanliness requisitions.
- Complete daily shift operation report.
- Uphold staff uniform and grooming standards.
- Complete Knowledge of LQA, Forbes and Core Standards.
- Complete knowledge of systems used Including MICROS , HotSOS and ICS.
EDUCATIONAL & REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High school diploma required, College Degree in Hotel or Business Administrations strongly preferred
- At least 1 year Food & Beverage Supervisory experience
- 2 years technical In Room Dining Experience in world class luxury hotel/resort, 5 star environment
- Fluent bi-lingual operational vocabulary would be an asset
- Fluent English written and conversational ability required
- Must have a professional appearance with high grooming standards
- Must be available to work to work the overnight shift with the ability to work weekends and holidays
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary ($60,000)
- Full benefits package
- Fun and healthy work culture
- Up to 3 weeks PTO