Salary: $75000 – $85000
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
What we would like from you:
- Lead and manage the management and hourly service team to offer a world-class culinary experience, ensure concept vision and service standards are executed consistently.
- Exemplify gracious hospitality and sincere respect in all interactions.
- Demonstrate that employees are the highest priority, maintain a positive work environment and develop the next generation of restaurant leaders.
- Position reports to the General Manager.
Lead Service Exemplify professionalism and enlightened hospitality in all interactions and especially in difficult situations. Lead by example in warmth, work ethic, empathy and self-awareness. Develop, coach and consistently execute service standards with managers and hourly staff. Create continuity in service and training standards by executing service and training SOPs. Constantly work to elevate standards and guest satisfaction. Impact service by being on the floor during peak times, important VIP/PG reservations, press events, and festival periods.
Ambassador of Hospitality Innovate, teach, learn, commit, grow and create the strongest team of restaurant managers and hourly service staff. Communicate shopper’s results to restaurant team. Motivate managers and staff to be agents of hospitality and seek opportunities to exceed guest expectations. Conduct monthly service seminars to develop all hourly departments and elevate the level of service. Show passion, create a team, communicate and exemplify how to be an ambassador of hospitality.
Performance and Talent Development Educate and coach management and hourly team to exceed expectations. Clearly define expectations and hold individuals accountable to service standards and SOPs. Provide both positive and constructive feedback to team in a consistent and timely manner and documented when appropriate. Actively recruit and hire top tier talent. Treat potential employees with same sense of hospitality and respect as employees and guests. Execute training program consistently for both hourly and management employees.
Ambassador of Culture Seek out opportunities to communicate the company vision to team, guests, students, vendors and community in a clear and positive manner. Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative in daily tasks by anticipating business needs and proactively addressing issues. Readily adjust to circumstances and manage change effectively by finding ways to accommodate team and guests by always ‘making it happen’, without sacrificing quality. Create a positive work environment by demonstrating no tolerance for negative behaviors. Welcome new ideas and seek feedback from team and Director of Restaurants by asking questions.
Manage Daily Operations Understand, practice and teach policies and procedures. Communicate any major facility or operational emergencies to Director of Restaurants immediately. Maintain a detailed daily log to communicate between shifts and prevent issues from reoccurring. Regularly conduct service team meetings. Provide a safe, clean, organized and sanitary work environment. Understand and ensure all ABC laws, Health Standards, federal and state laws are met. Correct all violations with a sense of urgency.
Manage Financial Results Understand and execute restaurant plan to stay within department budgets and maximize profits. Actively manage ordering and waste to meet cost targets. Demonstrate proficiency in cash management. Effectively manage service labor, scheduling and payroll. Proficiency with tools such as Avero, Hot Schedules, Open Table and Point of Sales systems.
- Skills & Knowledge
- Position requires a minimum of 5+ years of restaurant management experience and 5+ years of restaurant experiences. Requires developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of upscale or fine dining service and sales skills.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of employees. Ability to consistently and fairly evaluate other employees’ performance.
- Extensive knowledge of food industry, restaurants and competitive markets.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management. Participation in the development of short- and long-term financial and operational goals.
- Extensive knowledge of fine dining or upscale restaurant service and salesmanship.
Abilities & Working Conditions
- This position will spend most of the time standing or walking.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Pay with industry-leading benefits
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- 50% off food at any of our restaurants
- Flexible Schedules
- Fun, Dynamic, Innovative atmosphere
- Education Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Advancement opportunities