This group has established a unique mark on New York City’s restaurant scene creating buzzworthy restaurants that are founded in collaboration, professionalism, and innovation. Their attention to detail and commitment to employee growth has created a company culture that is welcomed and necessary.
They are currently looking for an experienced Assistant General Manager to join our team as we expand our operations. The ideal candidate displays an excitement for food, hospitality and overall excellence. As a critical member of our team, a successful manager will ensure efficient restaurant operations, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality and customer service standards, helping to motivate our staff to provide excellent hospitality.
They are a value-driven company with an emphasis on integrity, quality, respect and employee needs. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an energetic, seasoned and diverse team that is committed to creating an inclusive and dynamic workplace to learn, collaborate and grow.
This company offers a competitive pay and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Assistant General Manager, in collaboration with the General Manager, ownership and leadership teams, will set and communicate standards and practices for the restaurant to ensure a high team performance and warm hospitality. They will work closely with the leadership team to drive service each day and inspire employees to work together and hold one another accountable to company standards. AGMs will educate and support the service team to create a warm, knowledgeable dining experience for guests and a respectful, positive work environment and experience for all employees.
- Understand and perform job duties to the expectations of the Restaurant team
- Build and manage a team of FOH and BOH team members; coordinate daily FOH and BOH restaurant operations
- Budget for controllable costs and oversee financial reporting
- Cultivate a culture of hospitality for all stakeholders that supports the businesses objectives and growth
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Train new and current employees on proper hospitality SOPs
- Actively participate in service, filling in, modeling and inspiring staff
- Implement, oversee and maintain all company policies and procedures
- Create a positive company culture of commitment to excellence
- Schedule, organize and supervise shifts
- Prepare tip reconciliations on a daily basis as part of weekly payroll processing
- Conduct missed punch audit, tip keeping and
- Assist new hire onboarding, training and orientation
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain standards according to DOH, safety and employment regulations
- Assist and support a busy New York City door and reservation team
- Maintain a good working relationship with others by promoting teamwork and fostering a harmonious work environment
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years experience in management in a high-volume restaurant
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform employees and customers
- Natural wine experience
- Independent, self-motivated thinker
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Lead with integrity and discipline
- Organized and detail oriented; have the eye for service
- Desire and ability to teach and foster growth
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and delegate timely and effectively
- Upscale or fine dining experience
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with restaurant management software (specifically Toast)
- Knowledge of Schedulefly, Resy