The Assistant Director of Human Resources will contribute to shaping the property’s culture, drive colleague engagement and ensure compliance with labor laws and regulations. A proactive thinker with exceptional leadership skills who is willing to get deeply involved in the day to day operation of the department. You should have a passion for people and a mindset of creating a “people first” work environment.
Job duties include, although are not limited to:
- Provide managers with guidance and support in all Human Resources functions.
- Manage colleague relations including conflict resolution and steps of progressive discipline.
- Apply an “open door” policy to address colleague problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliant.
- Partner with Security Team, leading on workers’ compensation.
- Lead and manage Manager onboarding including regular facilitation of Manager Essentials.
- Support Talent Acquisition with all aspects of the hiring process.
- Support the Assistant Director of Learning with colleague and manager development.
- Support open enrollment including benefit administration: colleague enrollment management and COBRA administration.
- Support the hourly and manager performance review process.
- Assist in the preparation of reporting on HR metrics.
- Organize and schedule all employee events and partner with General Manager and Director of Human Resources for planning, communication, and execution. Events include monthly recognition lunches, quarterly manager breakfasts, holiday party, town hall events, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in progressive human resources 3 of which were in an HR leadership role as Human Resources Manager or Director, preferred.
- Experience working for a Forbes rated luxury hotel brand preferred.
- Strong knowledge of HR principles, California and Federal labor law, and regulations
- Strong knowledge of California wage and hour laws.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively within the HR Team and at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in employee relations, compliance, workers compensation, benefits training, and recruitment.
- HRCI or SHRM Professional certifications (preferred)
- Bilingual: English/Spanish (preferred)
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Possible prolonged periods of standing.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company matched 401(k) plan
- Company matched Health Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Colleague meals
- Colleague Referral Incentive program
- EOE - We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage everyone to respond.