Salary: $95,000 – $115,000
Expanding upscale restaurant group is seeking a US based Accounting Manager to oversee NYC and Miami based locations. The US. Accounting manager will ensure all financial reporting, taxation and payments are delivered to deadlines and can hold business managers to account. Position will report directly to the General Manager and the Finance Director and will ensure robust accounting procedures and internal controls for purchases, payables, inventory management, sales reporting and cost management across our US venues. You’ll be responsible for maintaining timely, accurate financial records and performing financial analysis.
This role is a fast track to a Controller position in 12 to 18 months.
• Maintain best account procedures and internal controls across the venues
• Configure and maintain Compeat, accounting system, to work at its fullest capability
• Own and Manage the monthly close process and ensure timely deliverables
• Develop US GAAP compliant policies and documentation
• Take ownership of banking relationships, manage payables and optimize vendor payment processes
• Audit and accurately enter all daily revenues, receipts, and ledger balances into daily report
• Ensure Daily General Ledger and Sub-Ledger postings in timely and accurate manner
• Maintain controls for all cashier banks and petty cash funds in the Restaurant according to company policy
• Prepare all bank deposits, due backs, and back change orders according to policies and procedures
• Resolve all credit card disputes and charge backs in a timely manner
• Maintain files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc
• Reconcile Vendor’s statements and Prepare weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly supplier reconciliations
• Reconcile and file taxes
• Timely and accurate processing of payroll
• Perform regular payroll audits while maintaining and enforcing payroll policies and procedures.
• Prepare daily sales reports for the venues
• Work with accounting firms to file annual tax returns for the venues
• Assist General managers with Forecasting and business planning
• Have minimum 5 years of accounting experience in New York, preferably in Hospitality Industry
• Work closely and collaboratively with the management team whilst ensuring robust financial controls are adhered to
• You’ve helped to build out and develop financial functions in your previous roles
• Showcase strong financial and technical accounting knowledge with experience researching technical guidance.
• Are adaptable and excited about an opportunity that will continue to develop and grow!
• Are proficient in Excel and ERP systems, preferably with strong experience in Compeat or similar. Experience with implementing new ERP system is a strong plus